I am a software developer, entrepreneur, and researcher based in Texas. I spend a lot of my time researching and consulting on decentralized systems, cryptocurrencies, blockchain systems, and InfoSec topics. Some things I enjoy include converting VHS tapes to digital formats, playing tabletop RPGs with friends, TV shows targeted at millennials, Overwatch, and cookies ‘n cream flavored ice cream. I am currently splitting my time between my IoT blockchain security startup Oaken Innovations and the Ethereum Foundation.
- Highly skilled in the Ethereum high-level contract language Solidity.
- Proficient in web languages (HTML5, Node, JS).
- Some experience in Java and Android development.
- Been working with blockchain technology since 2011.
- Ethereum expert.
- Experience with many types of enterprise blockchains.
- Currently researching/developing blockchain based IoT solutions to improve security.
Middle/High School (2003-2010)
- Programming and networking classes.
- Specialized in network security topics, particuarly wireless security.
- Completed a project involving wardriving in my hometown to collect statistics on wireless network security.
- Researching and working with Bitcoin, particuarly in mining.
- Completed project around Bitcoin ASIC mining.
- Heavily involved in the Darkcoin (now Dash) community.
- Stint as a developer in the claims division
- One of the employee leaders of ASPIRE, a work program to promote women in computing.
- Spearheaded USAA’s blockchain program and research.
- Heavily active in the Ethereum community.
- Contributed to many community efforts involving Ethereum including dapp tutorials, documentation, Reddit/Stack.Exchange moderation.
- As part of the Ethereum Foundation:
- Helped run Devcon2 and Devcon3.
- Part of the security/bug bounty team.
- Part of the community management and cross-team communcations team.
- One of the editors of the Ethereum Improvement Proposals (EIPs).
- Coordinate and run the bi-monthly core developer meetings involving all Ethereum core client teams.
- Unofficial project manager/coordination manager for the Ethereum Metropolis Release.
- Performed a variety of DevOps roles.
Oaken Innovations (2017-present)
- Co-founded Oaken Innovations after 2 successful hackathons with the “Project Oaken” team.
- Judges choice in the 2nd annual ether.camp hackathon by demonstrating a smart water meter use case powered by Ethereum.
- 1st place the 2017 United Arab Emirates Virtual Blockchain Govhack Hackathon (as part of the 2017 GovTechioneers Race) with our blockchain enabled Tesla and Tollbooth solution.
- Partnership with Toyota Research Institute to develop an open source mobility ecosystem that includes a decentralized car leasing demo using Ethereum and IPFS.